Are feelings really free from reason?
Someone told me that recently. That feelings are free from reason. That it's entirely possible to love someone truly, deeply and completely...someone you have no respect for, someone you honestly think is a bad person to the core. Despite all your best efforts, despite prior knowledge, that "the heart wants what the heart wants".
I tend to want to believe this person because their a good deal older than me, and I hope that their extensive time on earth has brought wisdom I've not yet been able to stumble upon on myself...But frankly in my limited experience with people in their middle age being older doesn't necessarilly mean being wiser.
But! Back to my original point: Can you love someone, REALLY love someone, you think is a bad person? I realize there's all sorts of holes in the question. What is love? Is there really any such thing as a "bad person". Can't any two people love on another under the right circumstance? Can any two people really love eachother at all? I'd like to skip all that and work on the assumption that love does, in fact, exist, and that it is not possible for just anyone to love just anyone.
...I actually don't know where I was going with that question. I don't have an answer or an arguement. It's just something I was thinking about that I'd like anyone who reads this to think about.
In completely unrelated news: I called in sick to my job today and slept in until noon, only waking up because of an odd wet feeling on my cheek, which turned out to be my own drool. My continuing quest to re-listen to all the episodes of both 'The Byron Chronicles' and 'Wormwood' continues. I can't decide which one I love more. I recommend both to anyone who should read this.
The quest continues.
London Park
11 years ago

I've always said you can love a bad person just as easily as you can love a good person. I've truly loved a person that I knew was not a good person.
ReplyDelete